To make good profits, you will need to get high traffic to your site. This isn’t easy to achieve but with an affiliate programmes you can increase your traffic considerably.
An affiliate programme works by providing a unique code for each affiliate that is linked to your sales site. When a visitor sent by an affiliate buys a copy of your e-Book, you give them commission.
So what our affiliate page needs to do is, convince as many people as possible to sign up and become an affiliate. You must inform your potential affiliate, how the product sells, the commission you will give them and the training you will give them to help them sell your e-Book. Therefore your affiliate’s page is like your sales page, it really needs to sell.
The big problem with affiliates is that very few who sign-up actually make a sale for you. I’d reckon roughly 15% and that would be doing well. The reason affiliate programmes falter, is due to inexperienced people needing support. Remember if you can increase the likelihood of the inexperienced 85% selling your products, it will lead to considerable extra profits.
So what we need to do is educate the in-experienced affiliates. The best way we can do this is through an affiliate course. This will allow your affiliate to educate them. This course also allows you to stay in regular contact with your affiliate after they have signed up for your affiliate programme.
So, how do you set-up an affiliate course to educate your potential customers? It’s simple, in fact you already know how. It’s exactly the same as setting up a newsletter. Remember I spoke about getting Getresponse as an auto responder. Well you can also use this to take care of your affiliate course.
In a few minutes I am going to tell you about a piece of software that will automatically set up an affiliate sign-up page for you. It’s the same as the opt-in form we produced for the newsletter earlier. All you need do then is get your sign-ups to be forwarded to your autoresponder.
With getresponse you can programme it to send out an email every three, seven or fourteen days (this is at your own discretion). So you can write a 6 part affiliate course on your autoresponder and send one part out every week.
To get an affiliate training course you can use, all you have to do is sign up to my affiliate programme. You will be automatically subscribed for the six part affiliate course. Save the course in your inbox and you have full rights from me to use this course for your own affiliate programme. So basically you’re copying and pasting my affiliate course into your own autoresponder when you set up your programme.
Ok, how to set up your own affiliate programme. I mentioned earlier that if you sign up for clickbank, they will also take care of your affiliate programme. What I love about clickbank managing your affiliate programme is that they provide the accounts, the sales reports and they pay your affiliates every two weeks.
Earlier we setup an affiliate sign up template page. It’s easy to get affiliates to sign up to your programme. All you do is get the potential affiliate to sign up for a clickbank account of their own The link you use to get them to sign up to their own clickbank account is as follows.
All you need to do is replace the “affiliate word”, with your own clickbank nickname. This activates clickbanks affiliate link. If someone signs up using the previous link with your nickname, you will receive commission from clickbank if the person signs up for the full account.
So if you refer someone and they activate their account fully (activation fee $50), you will receive $10. Also you will receive a commission from clickbank for every sale they make with their own product in the future. Roughly this will work out around .10c for every 10 sales they make.
Now the code an affiliate will provide to link to your site will look like the following.
http://(yournickname).(their nickname) .hop.clickbank.net
In order to let your affiliates generate the code they need to link to your site and earn credit for any sales they generate, Clickbank will create an automated affiliate link generator form just like they generated an automatic order form for your product. Below is the interface needed to create your affiliate link.
By then creating a link on your affiliate signup page to this form, your affiliates will be able to receive their own unique affiliate linking code for your website .
Once a potential affiliate enters his/her clickbank nickname and clicks submit, the system then generates their own linking code. This links from their site to yours, showing that the visitor was sent by them.
Now you can use this affiliate programme if your budget is tight but I personally use a different programme and here is why I don’t use the programme outlined above.
Firstly anyone can become an affiliate of yours. That means that if one of your hard working affiliates is promoting you and an interested individual sees his unique affiliate link to your website, he can just substitute your first affiliates link with his own, then buy your product. Your affiliate loses money which was rightly theirs. Not a good start.
What about someone who you get to your site? Well they can just buy through their own affiliate link and cut you out of some profits that were rightly yours as you got them there in the first place.
Thirdly, you don’t actually know who any of your affiliates are because they don’t have to register with you to become an affiliate. Its easy to work out the affiliate code they’ll need so they go off promoting you.
Also your affiliate can’t actually see how many visitors they are sending to your site. All they are aware of is the commission their making.
It is for the above reasons I use a programme called easyclickmate . This programme solves the above problems and obviously works in conjunction with clickbank, to maximise the potential of your clickbank account. It will also turn your affiliate programme into a very powerful money making machine!!
The way this software works is simple and very effective:
Affiliate will actually sign up to your programme. They will provide their name, email, website address and country.
What I love about this software is that it includes its own control panel.
This powerful system gives you comprehensive marketing statistics such as click-throughs, sales and conversion ratio (hits/sales) of your affiliates. It will display your top performing affiliates, top referral urls, top product(s) performance summary.
Your affiliates can login to the affiliate center to check his/her stats, and retrieve their custom affiliate links which are automatically generated each time you add new products. The affiliate codes cannot be switched so the affiliate won’t lose commissions he rightfully earned.
They will also receive an automatic email notification from easyClickMate when they’ve made a sale. Details of the email includes the merchant’s name (i.e. you) and how much profit they’ve made. You will also receive an email regarding the affiliate sale. This is a value-added feature as Clickbank has decided to stop sale notification to affiliates.
The reason this software is worthwhile and why you will actually save money when you purchase the product for $70 is as follows. The system works in conjunction with clickbank. You can sell a number of products using the one clickbank account.
So why don’t you consider this
This software will cost you $70. If you are going to write more than one e-Book product, you will need a second clickbank account which will cost you another $49.95. Therefore if you are going to write more than two e-Books you will be saving money and this isn’t even including the other wonderful features easyclickmate has.
Remember if you have more than one product, you can check your affiliate stats to see which product is selling the best or the one you need to improve. You will be able to see which website is converting the most browsers into buyers.
With this programme, you will be able to entice more potential affiliates because your programme is very professional looking. Also add that I’ve supplied you with a full affiliate course. So your affiliate programme will be very powerful indeed.
I mentioned earlier about setting up an affiliate info (sign up) page and also an affiliate log-in page. Well the good news is easyclickmate will install these pages for you and upload them to your website.
Installation is simple and is covered completely by the top quality guide. Adrian Ling (programmer) will provide you with this as soon as you buy his software. This script is written in a language called PHP.
Adrian ling provides a very good manual for installing the software on your hosting account, and he also provides one on how to setup and use the software once it’s installed. The manuals are very detailed, and much like this book, break down the whole process into easy to follow steps. I’ve been personally dealing with Adrian for a while now and I can guarantee, he will provide you with excellent customer service if you need it.
A final word about this software is it also integrates with the Digital Vault software I mentioned earlier for storing your ebook. Therefore clickbank account, easyclickmate and digital vault all work and integrate simultaneously with other. This provides a pretty powerful sales programme. Need I say anymore!